Cherry pickers are a good exercise for strengthening and stretching your hamstrings. Here is how you do them.
- Spread your legs with knees straight.
- Bend straight over and touch the ground with both hands a bit ahead of your toes.
- Rise up a little and touch the ground again near your heels.
- Rise up a little again and reach back as far as you can and touch the ground again.
- Finally, stand back up straight.
Repeat: Touch, touch, touch, stand up. Touch, touch, touch, stand up. Your goal is to be able to touch the ground farther back and even put your palms on the ground when you are really flexible.