A tribute to our Fall weather (finally), I made pumpkin oatmeal this morning. The “oatless” variety. Here is the recipe. Makes enough for 2.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 TB ground flaxseed (adds some texture too)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 can pure organic pumpkin
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat the eggs (I just make the whole thing right in the saucepan)
- Whisk the coconut milk into the egg mixture
- Mix in the chopped nuts, ground flaxseed, pumpkin, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Warm the mixture on the stove over medium heat
- Stir frequently to mix up any remaining lumps, and keep stirring until the “oatmeal” reaches the desired consistency (mine took about 5 mins)
- Serve with berries, or whatever else you want to add to your oatless oatmeal!